Thursday, February 25, 2010

Froggy Love

I have always loved the smiling faces on frogs and listening to them sing around the pond every night. When I moved to the country, we used to say that it was so quiet that it was noisy. Instead of sirens and traffic noises, we heard the frogs, crickets, birds, and other animals calling in the night.

I loved creating this ceramic frog. He is painted with acrylic paints, antiqued with an antiquing gel, and drybrushed to create depth and softness. While I have never hugged or kissed a real frog, this one is very kissable!

I created this little owl in much the same fashion. He is slip cast ceramic and painted with acrylics.
Come visit these two on my Etsy Shop

2 comments:

  1. Jillski, they are adorable. I love froggies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, your froggie is so adorable I just want to hug it! I don't live in the country anymore but did for over 20 years and I can still hear the spring peepers. Enjoy the little critters!

    ReplyDelete