Sunday, September 21, 2014

The all new Jill"s Treasure Chest!!!

I recently obtained a new website filled with thousands of great gifts, home decor, collectibles, and more.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and finally was in the position and the right motivation for doing it.

My favorite group of items is the outdoor decor.  I love all the little statues, plant stands, garden stakes, and fountains.  But my very favorite is the wind chimes.

Several years ago I moved to a 5 acre lot with a double wide mobile home.  We had a well with an electric pump.  It was really lovely there and I knew we would all be very happy.

Until the ice storm which took out our power for a week.  Tree branches were heavy with ice and broke, breaking the power lines.  The power lines themselves were so icy that they became heavy and stretched out so the lay on the roads.  Even the wind chimes I'd placed on the patio had frozen and were silent in the cold.

We spent that week trying to stay warm and fantasizing about hot showers streaming down over us, steaming up the bathroom mirrors.

One morning I awakened to that familiar tinkling sound of my wind chimes blowing in the breeze.  It took me a moment to realize what that meant.  The temperature had risen above freezing and the ice was melting.  The power was restored later that day.

The gentle sound of wind chimes has remained a sign of comfort and well being.  That sound that says everything will be alright.

Jill"s Treasure Chest has several wind chimes that can create that same sense of peace for you.








Check out Jill's Treasure Chest to find your own special Wind Chimes!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment