Thursday, June 4, 2020

Retirement

It's been a while since I've posted.  A lot has happened since then. The most important thing is that I retired from full time employment.  This has been really wonderful.  And it's given me time to work on my Etsy shop and I have a new website.

Being partially retired (I still work prn at the nursing home) has been so great.  It's amazing not to have to rush off to work and to relax with a cup of coffee more often than just on weekends.  I stay busy during the day working on ceramics or with my new website.  (More about that later)  But I can do that at my pace, and in whatever order I choose.

My husband is retired, and he works occasionally as a carpenter doing private jobs on his own or with his brother.  This schedule works out well.  We have extra time to spend together as well as time alone if the other is working that day.

I have noticed how my stress level is down, and how much better I feel.  Who knew that work was stressing me out so much.  Of course,  work has been more stressful with Covid 19 and all the rules and precautions, which are totally necessary, but not easy to deal with.  Going to work once or twice a week means that it's nice to see everyone when I do go.  And knowing I won't be there all day every day means my stress level is lower.

My hopes are that my website and my Etsy shop will increase enough to give us a nice income without going to work at the nursing home, and without my husband having to work unless he wants to .

I'll be writing more about  my Etsy shop and my new website in the next few days.

Blessings and Peace,
Jill

#retirement #selfemployment #freetime

No comments:

Post a Comment